Quick question about weddings

I didn't have to tell them what to look for. They thought the pictures were sub-par to begin with and I agreed. They did bring it up with her, but she just acted surprised that someone would say something like that about her photography.

They had met with her in person and the portfolio she had brought was apparently the cream of the crop. They had asked around and the people they talked to had really liked the work she had done. So they were confident in her abilities but now are not very happy. Out of 500 only about 20 were keepers.

The groom has also brought up the subject of refunding but so far she has just ignored him, which has gotten him rather mad.

They paid $700 for 2.5 hours of work, to which I had to just give them a blank stare. And didn't have a signed contract, just verbal.

They paid $700 for 2.5 hours of work, to which I had to just give them a blank stare. And didn't have a signed contract, just verbal.

2.5 hours on SITE is a lot different than 2.5 hours of work. Generally speaking, my wedding work is roughly twice what my on-site time is, including processing and ordering.

Depending on where they are in the country, $700 is really cheap for a wedding photographer. And no signed contract? Good luck getting that to work out. The bride & groom are just as much at fault at this point. That should have been a big warning flag. Legally, it's a he said/she said contest and unlikely to work out.

It amazes me that people dump thousands and thousands of dollars into a wedding and cheap up on the photography. Think about it. In a year, what are you going to have LEFT from the wedding?

You've got a dress you can't wear again. The food is gone by the next morning. Gifts don't show the memories. The hall isn't your's. Flowers are gone. And you're left with the images from the cheapest photographer you could find.

You get what you pay for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back