Quick Question

Alex92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
MOVED TO THE MORE PROFESSIONAL OPEN PHOTOGRAPHY FO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(I had this included in my introduction thread last night when I joined, but didn't feel a question in the welcome forum was the correct place so I edited it out and am reposting it here. Sorry if I may have violated a double-posting rule, just didn't want my question posted where it didn't belong)

A couple years ago I received the Digi-Shot DS6200 camera made by Oregon Scientific as a birthday present, which set me off for my liking of photography. My problem is this, I feel I should advance to a better camera
as the Digi-Shot is extremely basic when it comes to picture quality (and video. Doesn't record sound). Friday I'm going cam shopping and have my sights set on the Kodak EasyShare C713 Zoom digital camera and am wondering if this is a good choice? I don't have much money at all, and the price for this camera, $90, is really the extent of my budget. Before I go out and get it, I just want to know if it's a worthy upgrade.

I can't seem to find any specs on the Digi-Shot DS6200, but the EasyShare C713 seems like a nice little camera; 7Mp and a 3x optical zoom, if the DS600 is in the same family that I'm thinking it is, then yes, this will be a major upgrade in terms of quality features. That said, if you are getting seriously into photography, I don't know that an EasyShare camera will keep you satisfied for too long. Is holding off for a little while and saving for a better camera an option?

This should provide info on the 6200 http://www.oregongadgets.com/prod-582210-Oregon-Scientific-DS6200-2.0-Megapixel-Digital-Camera.aspx As for saving for a better one, I'd like to do that but the only reason I'm getting a new cam Friday is because my grandmother's taking me out to buy my birthday present, and I told her I would like to go camera shopping. Since it's her money I don't wanna go over $100 as that would be morally wrong lol so I'm kinda at a dead end. I have to get something and the C713 seems the best for the budget that I could find. Even right now I'm online looking for better ones though for less than 150 dollars -_- I have the feeling though I'm gonna be stuck with the C713.

Okay, it's actually a little better than I thought it was, but the Kodak is still a step up.

Okay good to know. One last thing, I may start saving up sometime for one of those SLR types, any suggestions on one that's "cheap"? If not, no problem I was just wondering for future reference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back