Quick Question :)

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HOping someone can answer..

Im setting up a few shoots... For my first 5 who email or call will receive 4x6's of their choice of prints free.. IS it wrong for me put my sig on those prints? Just not put them on any print they are paying for?

I don't think it's wrong to do anything you want. If they were paying for it, they should know exactly what they are getting ahead of time, but other than that, I think you are wide open.

That said, I personally think signatures, logos, or anything else on an image gets in the way of the image. I only sign my mattes or on the border outside the image itself. It would make more sense if you were doing promotional material, like postcards, business cards, or the like.

Holly said:
HOping someone can answer..

Im setting up a few shoots... For my first 5 who email or call will receive 4x6's of their choice of prints free.. IS it wrong for me put my sig on those prints? Just not put them on any print they are paying for?

Hi Holly, I think it's an excellent idea, what's wrong with a bit of self promotion. I do agree it's not advisable to put it on prints your client is paying for. Going back quite a few years, all portrait photographers either printed or had embossed the name of their studio on their prints.

www.philipweirphotography.com:D :D :D

Holly said:
IS it wrong for me put my sig on those prints? Just not put them on any print they are paying for?

I've never been a fan of logos or sigs on small prints, but anything 11x14 and up gets signed. I've had a customer complain once because her print was signed. She figured if she was investing in my work, she wanted folks to know it.

Pete

Thanks every one.. I completely understand and wouldnt put them on those prints they are going to pay for.. (Unless asked)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back