Quick responses needed

ckphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I operate a wedding photography business and have a question: When is payment in full due for your weddings (if you are a wedding photographer)? My due date is a deposit to hold your wedding date when you book and the remainder due 30 business days before the wedding date.

To add to the twist, the groom grew up with my husband so, while they are not super close, we want to maintain the friendship. They said that they were not aware of the remaining payment before their wedding day and said that they have never heard of anyone asking for the full payment before the service is rendered (everything is listed in the contract they signed and explained to them). I have looked at other contracts in my area and it seems standard to me. I haven't had a problem with this with my previous 35 weddings.

Any constructive input is appreciated.

Depost is due at booking for me and the rest is due on the day of the wedding, before the wedding begins.

I Try to contact most clients 7 days in advance to remind them and collect before the day as there is too much going on.

You can always ask them if it would be OK to know on the door of thier hotel room to collect after services have been complete.:er:

I would say that with most wedding photographers I know, the full balance is due on or before the wedding day.

30 to 45 days before the wedding date is standard here. It's so the instrument of payment has time to clear before the service is rendered.

i personally would ask for the ful payment ATLEAST 2 weeks before the wedding incase they decided to bunk you

Our wedding photog asked for a deposit in advance and full amount due on the wedding day.

Hey, thanks everyone. I just needed to stick to my guns (which I did). Being political and maintaining the friendship is key and I did it. I don't think they did a lot of searching of other photographers.

I'm glad you got it sorted, after all you were in the right, but maintaining friendships and good will of clients is paramount, but without being walked over. Well done on your success.
Personally I charge a deposit to book the date which is not refundable, remainder 30 days prior event...all covered in a contract

Most reactions

Back