Quick snap of a P-40 Kitty hawk

DanielLewis76

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at an airshow last weekend and the owner of a P-40 Kitty Hawk just turned up at the airport to see what was going on so I caught a few snaps.

$Red_tail2.jpg

Nice! I don't think the vignette helps, and I would love to see a color version also.

Here you go, only warmed slightly from original as it was dreary grey day (I was just playing around with LR5 in the previous photo). The plane was actually taxiing past at the time.

$Red_tail.jpg

Here you go, only warmed slightly from original as it was dreary grey day (I was just playing around with LR5 in the previous photo). The plane was actually taxiing past at the time.

View attachment 48202

Sweet! I do prefer the color, although the sepia does look sort of "vintage"! Horizon is off a good bit , straightening it would help. One thing that would have increased the background separation would be a wider aperture... to soften the background a bit.

I played with it.. (hope you don't mind). I lightly desaturated the background, and did a light Gaussian blur on it... (hopefully not so much that it looks bad) to make the plane pop a little more.

$Red_tailcg2.jpg

No problem at all. Your edit looks great. I am new to DSLR's (only a few months) so still getting used to both taking and editing photos. The snap was taken having just been taking photos on the opposite direction of high flying planes but the camera was setting to shutter priority so the aperture took care of itself (luckily or it would have been awful otherwise!).

Thanks for taking the time to perform editing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back