Quiet Bay

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's so quiet in the bay now. Ten years ago during this time of morning the fishing boats were returning from the sea with rock cod and halibut and the bay was busy with activity smelling of fish and sounding of sea lions. I miss that. Now it's just me waiting for the bakery to open.

792-r4419.jpg

Today is day eight without a cigarette. I feel like jabbing a knife through my hand.

good capture... the central horizon works fine in this one, i think the boat on the left helps the composition. :thumbup:

Today is day eight without a cigarette. I feel like jabbing a knife through my hand.
Good for you, keep it up. :thumbup:

This shot brings to mind the word 'peaceful'. Love the pastel colours in the sky, and the shape of the wispy clouds really draws your eye into the shot. The smooth water is great for getting the reflections, then the green-hulled boat in the left foreground adds a nice 'larger' object to balance it all out. A beautiful image.

GREAT news that you've made it to day 8 without a cigarette. You're almost at the point where it will start to get easier. PLEASE hang in there, it will be sooooo worth it.

Very nice capture! I love the colors and the calmness of it all.

Such a relaxing and calm shot, I really like it.

In my cold-sweated delirium of sickness in the last week I totally forgot about posting this shot. Thanks everyone for your comments! I think working on the shot relaxed me so much I went to sleep, finally.

Today is day 11 without a cigarette. The urges and aggravation continues. Rather than stab myself in the hand, I'm thinking it might be more rewarding to jab a knife through someone elses.

Reminds me of a little poem I wrote many years ago;

Sometimes when I'm sad and blue,
I like to cut off a finger or two

Sometimes when I'm depressed and alone,
I'll even cut off one of my own

-

Most reactions

New Topics

Back