Quiet on the Set

Anita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have posted a few things in the general gallery and have only received 1 critique, so I am posting it here. This is a photo of a video taping of Christopher Still teaching how to paint a sunset. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

quietontheset2.jpg

that is amazing, did you do anything extra to the pic after you shot it?

Not one thing, except resize it because the original is HUGE!

Anyway, that is what I am wondering, should I retouch it or what?

Thanks for all the nice comments.

For a beginner, you put together quite a good shot. If you look closely you will see that detail in the silhouettes starts to get lost toward the bottom of the shot as the image becomes darker.

The solution to this problem is using a graduated neutral density filter on your camera which will keep the colour and detail in the sky while giving you more detail and better exposure in the foreground.

The other solution requires some expertise and experience with Photoshop or a similar digital photo editor.

skieur

I would take the opposite approach and underexpose it a bit to lose all the detail out of the silhouettes. Very nice photo!

I spent a while tweaking your photo only to find out that I can not post it here without being a TPF subscriber. Sorry

Oh, I really want to see it. I will pm you my e-mail address.

Thanks!

I spent a while tweaking your photo only to find out that I can not post it here without being a TPF subscriber. Sorry

Just use a free image host like imageshack (www.imageshack.us) and you can link the image directly by posting the following:

[img]www.yourimageurl.com/imageimagenamename.jpg[/img]

(I think?)

Or if you can't, just leave out the

Most reactions

New Topics

Back