Quiet Time

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 3yo grand daughter goes into her zone when coloring. My goal is to get photos of her everyday moments and not just the posed smiling ones. Her mother takes her to a studio or hires out for those and we have plenty.

This was shot close and not cropped. Maybe I shot too tight? Added a few curves layers in PS and tweaked it daily. Still not sure if I am satisfied with the adjustments. C & C welcome.

1/125, f/3.2, ISO800, 50mm

QuietTimeW by Cheryl3001, on Flickr

My goal is to get photos of her everyday moments and not just the posed smiling ones.
I like this attitude.
Her mother takes her to a studio or hires out for those and we have plenty.
Nothing changed in 5000 years, people still like to have their "official" portraits to be staged.

Good work on your part.

My goal is to get photos of her everyday moments and not just the posed smiling ones.
I like this attitude.
Her mother takes her to a studio or hires out for those and we have plenty.
Nothing changed in 5000 years, people still like to have their "official" portraits to be staged.

Good work on your part.

Thanks. My daughter is photo-centric. She gets studio for the birthday at Sears, a fall family portrait outside by the guy who did their wedding photos, a summer outside of daughter only by her friend who does child portraits "natural light", preschool photo packages, AND a local studio has a photograph contest each year. For the last one the photographer teamed up with a baby boutique shop and you pick out an outfit and get a free sitting. Well most parents buy the outfit and photos. Then there is voting on social media. Grand daughter won 1st place last year and the year before came in 2nd or 3rd. Yeah, so I figure I'll get the natural environmental shots.

Nice photo. Why would your daugther (in-law) take her to a studio with you producing quality photos?

Thanks! See the above post about portraits. Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am too slow and dangerous with a speedlight. :lol:

I like this. I like the book on the table in the background. I adds something - back story maybe - as well as balance to the composition.
It one of those little things that you would only notice if it was missing. Not sure I explained that well.

Oh well. ;)

Someday you might want to surprise the DIL with a photograph of your own. Get some practice with the speedlight (off-camera and modified, of course) and you probably should practice on the teddy bear for a while until you are ready.

The candid is good, BTW.

I like this. I like the book on the table in the background. I adds something - back story maybe - as well as balance to the composition.
It one of those little things that you would only notice if it was missing. Not sure I explained that well.

Oh well. ;)

I get what you are saying about balance. The book does help tone down the dark coffee table. I did clone out the outline of the couch cushion in the light triangle area.

Someday you might want to surprise the DIL with a photograph of your own. Get some practice with the speedlight (off-camera and modified, of course) and you probably should practice on the teddy bear for a while until you are ready.

The candid is good, BTW.

Thanks!

I've practiced with dolls and teddy bears with the speedlight on camera and DIY bounce. Have to practice the off camera. I am at the point that I understand, but not very fast changing the settings and the flash and posing. I have a tendency to blow the highlights.

Most reactions

Back