Quincinera Pictures

Leo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some pictures last Sunday, need your comments and suggestionts please. Its for a girl having her Quincinera, for those who don't know it is a Mexican/Hispanic tradition for girls turning 15 welcoming them into their womanhood.

962.jpg

946.jpg

940.jpg

868.jpg

926.jpg

Taken with a Canon 350D and a Canon EF 28-200mm 3.5/5.6 lens.

Your poses are good and the lighting and exposure look dead-on fine. The only thing wrong is her - she's pulling funny faces (or so it appears to me!).

Rob

Thanks for all your replies, yeah her facial expressions are not that great, but she's only a kid, I guess. I do like #3, that was my fav on all her poses.

Hi Leo, nooooo the girl is beautiful. It's the backgrounds that don't have all the much expression. When shooting with problem backgrounds just really lower your apeture and blow them out. Make the young lady your priority photographically speaking.
If you don't have a really fast lens with a low ap, go back in your processing and put a super heavy gausian blur over the whole photo on a dupe layer and then "erase" the girl.....in fact revealing her from the blur. She's a pretty girl, in a very important part of her life. These photos should be treasured. She's beautiful just as she is.

Never mind what I just said. It's going to have to be done in layer masks which still confuse me to this day. All is not lost though, let me try something else......

Not mine Robert, they are Leo's and I think he did great....just a background prob.
Good to see you again though. Where have you been? :)

elsaspet said:
Not mine Robert, they are Leo's and I think he did great....just a background prob.
Good to see you again though. Where have you been? :)

Oops! Nice job Leo!!

Cindy, schools been keeping my head down. And I've been in DC this past weekend. :mrgreen:

Thank y'all for your comments. I appreciate all your input.

Most reactions

Back