Quite stumped

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a beginner, I guess you could say amateur at this point to an extent b/c I'm ready to step it up a notch. I've done as much reading as I can and came upon a thread the other day with a link to a good read about how to use lighting and flashes etc, but now I cannot find it. Seemed to pop up in several threads, but after an hour of searching I still cannot find either of those threads. Anyone know this blog/link I'm looking for?

I shoot with a D40 (for now, upgrading this summer hopefully). I currently have a 55-200vr, 18-55 kit lens, and a 50mm/1.8. Getting a good tripod this week. I think I'm going to spend a little extra money and get a SB-600 instead of a 400, but I'm still not sure.

My thing is, I want to learn about how to set up lights, softboxes, etc for portraits. What's the best background, etc etc. I posted a thread yesterday about my sister having a baby and want to take full advantage of this opportunity to photograph her and the baby. I've got about a month and I'm trying to bring in as much knowledge as possible. Often, when work is slow I have an hour at a time or so to read, so link me up please!

Most reactions

Back