Rachel - latest girl senior (6 photos)

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's some of rachel on a recent shoot with her...probably one of my favorite girl seniors to shoot so far, actually...it was pretty easy if you know what i mean :)

I wanted to go with a bold, dramatic look with these, hence the strong color in many of them...i'm pretty satisfied with how that went but any help would be appreciated!

Rachel032e2.jpg

Rachel037e-sm.jpg

Rachel081e-sm.jpg

Rachel045e-sm.jpg

Rachel105ebw-sm.jpg

Rachel108e-sm.jpg

there are quite a few more that i like (some with better poses), so i might post more later...

thanks for looking!

EDIT:

one new one...thought i'd share:

Rachel069ecrop-sm.jpg

These are very, very nice Daniel and razor sharp. I think I prefer the second set as the colors compliment her more and look more natural. She's a really beautiful girl and you've captured her very well. #4, 5, and 6 are my favorites. She has beautiful eyes and they just suck you in with #5. Good work. What type of lens do you use? It seems really sharp. What are these, about an f/5.6 or 4?

thanks john! yeah i think those are my favorites too...she has incredible eyes, period.

for the first two i used a canon 24-70L at 2.8 for the first and f4 for the second, both around 70mm. for the last four I used a canon 70-200 2.8L IS at 2.8 for the third and f4 for the rest. focal length pretty different on those...

thanks for the comment!

John,

actually I didn't use any reflectors in these...it was some of the nicest light I've shot in...the third shot and the last two shots were under a diffused sunset light...the sun was setting but was behind some thin clouds so it was quite warm and directional but still soft. the only ones I probably would have used a reflector for would be the first two. I ended up not needing to for some reason...perhaps that's due to a dynamic range issue...(a good issue i guess you might say).

Great shots of a beautiful model. #4 really stands out to me, it's not as 'bold' as the others but it all fits together and makes for a fantastic image.

For whatever reason, senior photography is not a big thing up here. The schools have a company come in to the school and take the standard year book shot and maybe the seniors get a few poses and maybe a wardrobe change...but it's all done in the school. I don't remember anyone I know, getting these type of shots done.

Great shots of a beautiful model. #4 really stands out to me, it's not as 'bold' as the others but it all fits together and makes for a fantastic image.

For whatever reason, senior photography is not a big thing up here. The schools have a company come in to the school and take the standard year book shot and maybe the seniors get a few poses and maybe a wardrobe change...but it's all done in the school. I don't remember anyone I know, getting these type of shots done.

thanks mike!

yeah i think it might be a mainly U.S. thing...particularly near the larger cities (i'm near houston). they've gotten quite popular over the past 5 years or so, which is definitely good for many of us! I'm thinking that it will soon spread around and become more accepted worldwide...i'm hoping it's not a fad, but you never know.

For whatever reason, senior photography is not a big thing up here.

Oh, wow. What a GREAT opportunity for you! I'd be will to bet that just one mailing would bring a lot of interest. People can't want what they haven't seen. I think you can plant that seed and be the first in your area to reap the benefits.

Daniel... your usual, nice work. The only wee bit I can offer is in posing the hands. I like too like bringing the hands to the waist using pants pockets. Have you tried having them put just their thumbs in the pockets? It will allow the fingers to be seen and wrist to be bent.

Pete

Oh, wow. What a GREAT opportunity for you! I'd be will to bet that just one mailing would bring a lot of interest. People can't want what they haven't seen. I think you can plant that seed and be the first in your area to reap the benefits.
I do have some plans for tapping this market...rattling around inside my head somewhere. I'm fairly sure that one company has a contract for all of the schools, the public schools anyway. I'm not sure if it's an exclusive thing or not. I'm guessing that it would be a battle to get names and addresses of students.
I've got a sister starting high school next fall, a sister-in-law who is a H.S. teacher and her husband is also a teacher. I'm sure there is a way to use those contacts to open the market.

Sorry to Hi-Jack the thread...
We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

#4 looks like an Abercrombie and Fitch ad, and I mean that in a GOOD way.

#4 and #5 are my faves, amazing. She has incredible eyes.

The first two don't work for me. The second might, with some more specific lighting in the middle.

Wow! They are all great, but the last 3 are outstanding! I wish you had done my senior photos:) Of course, being really beautiful like she is probably helps a ton!

I love this series, especially 4 and 5 :)

daniel, you never disappoint! gorgeous shots and gorgeous subject. 4,5 & 6 are my faves. Love the light on her hair and the long grassy 'frame' around her in 4, LOVE 5 and the dof in #6 is great. Can i ask what bw conversion you used in 5??? looks like it has quite a heavy red filter?
Excellent shots again... you are certainly a favourite of mine... keep up the posts...and i will keep up the questions - sorry!!!

Most reactions

Back