Radio Prize Package...

Steve5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend of mine is the morning drive-time guy on one of our local radio stations. Unlike most stations in any big city, it's independently owned, so they don't have "Clear Channel" money. In fact, I'm pretty sure the guy that owns the radio station drives a rusty Chevy Vega.

My buddy recently got a hold of me and asked me if I could do head shots for their on-air personalities. He also asked if I would be willing to provide five prize packages for them. Essentially, if you win one, you would get "X" number of prints. I would offer a total of five packages, one for each weekday.

He made the proposal that, in exchange for the staff photos and prize packages, they would promote my photography for a week. They would link to my website from their home page, mention my photography on the air three times per day, and also bring me into the studio for a show, with my photography being a focus of the conversation.

The reason I'm interested in doing this is that I've never, ever heard of a photographer advertising or being promoted on the radio. It would be different. It may not work at all but, then again, it very well could. The listener demographic for this station is white, age 29-40, upper-middle class, own their own home and have incomes well into the six figures.

I listen to this station all the time. If I haven't heard a photographer advertising on the radio, then they haven't, either. I have no idea if it makes sense because, as I said, I don't think it's really been done before. It could be a complete flop, or it could be a major economic windfall, or anywhere in between.

Anyway, I told him I would put something together and get back to him. Basically, what I'm thinking of for a "prize package" is that the winner of a package would get a one hour shoot (more or less; I'm not a real stickler), an 11X14", two 8X10's and two 5X7's.

So, my question: If you were getting a free portrait session for being caller #7, what would you expect the package to consist of?

I would bin the 11x14, go to 1 8x10, and add a sheet of wallets. You want to leave room for them to order more prints; if you give them everything up front...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back