Rafter J Horses

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
I shot these not so early Sunday morning. At this moment in time I am fascinated with horses. I have become comfortable with being around them. As my passion grows hopefully my photos will as well. Let me know what you think of these.

Horse Flare
horseflare9vd.jpg

Two Horses 64
twohorse642ae.jpg

Horse Close
horseclose7bi.jpg

Good shots, the sunflare and rays look great with the horse along with the mist in the background, kinda creates a brisk mood to it. The second is nicely framed also.

Whenever my eyes see scenes backlit in the way the first photo has frozen one (captured, I should say, perhaps?), they want to keep this image forever. I love, love, love to see a low sun putting bright, shining rims to everything that gets hit by the rays. So I cannot but love the first photo!

Hardly ever have I successfully managed to capture such scenes myself.
So thanks to you.

I like all three photos, though, and ALL your horse photos so far, too!!!

love the first!
nicely done :thumbsup:

beautiful shots craig...the first one is top notch! i agree with lafoto..i cant never come close to a shot like that.....great job!

Thanks for the comments gang!!! Lens flare is generally a killer for me. I seem to be getting it a lot lately. May be a combination of the early sun and my wide lens.

Thanks!!! I agree that running is beautiful. I know that it will have to be a big part of the series. At this moment in time running horses are a little scary. In this particular photo the horses were relatively far away. I have been within kicking distance when they are at full speed and it is scary as hell.

Marlboro does audition here. They are looking for some serious wranglers. I am not sure how much shooting they do here. We get more car commercials than anything.

Most reactions

Back