RailRoad pics...

BradUF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I expected this to turn out better then it did but I couldn't find what I was searching for on the railroad. I was looking for one of those railroad train stop light things they have to tell the trains to slow down for crossings. Could not find one so this is what I ended up with...

FH000022.jpg

FH000024.jpg

FH000011.jpg

i like #1 the best. very creative perspective. :thumbup:

Ok I love railroad pics so I have to say something.

#1 I love the effort but... as a viewer I'm not sure what the focus is/ what I should look at. It's blown out (too bright)

#2 Again nothing for the eye to focus on, blown out, could do with some more saturation, has no main feature.

#3 all of the above and if only the sign on the right had something witty on it, anything at all. High Voltage, 1/2 mile, No turn left, anything other than blank. Give my eye something to look at, either railroad related or railroad contrasting.

what about next time hang out for a train to trundle by?

Good luck!.. and I look forward to your next contribution

Ok I love railroad pics so I have to say something.

#1 I love the effort but... as a viewer I'm not sure what the focus is/ what I should look at. It's blown out (too bright)

#2 Again nothing for the eye to focus on, blown out, could do with some more saturation, has no main feature.

#3 all of the above and if only the sign on the right had something witty on it, anything at all. High Voltage, 1/2 mile, No turn left, anything other than blank. Give my eye something to look at, either railroad related or railroad contrasting.

what about next time hang out for a train to trundle by?

Good luck!.. and I look forward to your next contribution

I was looking for something but rail roads are not huge here in FL, especially gainesville so not many switch boxes and what not. I have not even seen a train in years. I would have loved to find a box car or something.

I have another roll where I did some close up's of clovers growing in rail road tie and with this nice share 50mm lens I really hope it comes out nice and sharp.

b&w works well too, but I prefer the color version. There are lots of good colors in that pic. What I especially like is how the track looks gold.

I like how you are thinking outside of the box. :thumbup:

After I took these I noticed I had spot metering on so I am not sure how that changed the photos. Do you think thats what caused it to be too bright nossie?

Most reactions

Back