Railroad

nikonian2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
RailRoadwatermark.jpg

I'm not really taken by your other b/w shots posted, but I was taken by Belle Galde, so much so I didn't give this image my fullest attention.
And its a cool abstract.
Composition makes/breaks this type of shot, I'm just attracted to the uniformity of the lines, the straight and squareness of the divides between the three different textures/materials.
It reminds me of paintings by Piet Mondrain-

Geometric abstractionism. Piet Mondrian was one of the founding members in 1917 of a Dutch art movement called De Stijl (meaning "The Style") or neo-Plasticism. Mondrian's style of painting involved the use of strictly horizontal or vertical black lines to create a grid of rectangles, some of which were filled in with black or white, or vivid red, blue or yellow. You can see an example of Mondrian's work at the website of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Mondrian believed that, despite their complexity and variability, natural scenes are composed of basic components and regularity. So he tried to create faithful reproductions by painting only these fundamentals and their relationship with each other, using only the prime colours and elements of geometric mathematics - straight lines, right angles and quadrangles - to create his reflection of reality.

Too deep and artyfarty ?....technically, I dunno looks great :lmao:
sorry if this is a rubbish photo critique..

i very much like the 3 different textures and colors also, the framing is quite nice and the only negative i have is that the stones look a bit blown out on my monitor.

also i'd crop just a tiny bit more on the left side, because one of the railroad tie holes is breaking your metal lines straightness.

Many of the stones are washed out, due to overexposure. Some colour and detail can be brought back through postprocessing. Why have you not tried that yet?

skieur

The subject is somewhat uninteresting, but I like the composition, color, and sharpness.

On a sidenote, be very careful about photographing railroads (assuming this is an active track) -- Railroads are state property, you can be arrested for trespassing.

The subject is somewhat uninteresting, but I like the composition, color, and sharpness.

On a sidenote, be very careful about photographing railroads (assuming this is an active track) -- Railroads are state property, you can be arrested for trespassing.

Actually, the law is not that black and white. You cannot be arrested for trespassing unless you knew you were trespassing....as in you climbed over a fence, ignored all kinds of posted signs etc. Of course, in some areas, ignorance of the law may come more from the police than civilians.

skieur

Most reactions

Back