Rain....Rain....

BmDubb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've wanted to go out and shoot for the past 2 days. But, low and behold.. Day 3.. It's STILL RAINING. And I want to go out and take photos!! I hate it! It's like it's going to rain untill all of the fall photo ops are over :grumpy:

What do you guys do when it's raining? Anyone still go out? Im too scared to get my camera wet lol...

:er: :thumbdown: :er:

In Atlanta - is the drought over yet?

They always tell you when we are IN a drought, but never seem to mention when we come out of one.

Lake Lanier is up to the full level for the first time in several years!

Rain pics can be very challenging, and beautiful; I usually take them out the passenger side window of my car, camera stays dry and I get out of the house for nice drive checking out back roads, etc....if you have a significant other and they go along...well that could be nice too....

So I've wanted to go out and shoot for the past 2 days. But, low and behold.. Day 3.. It's STILL RAINING. And I want to go out and take photos!! I hate it! It's like it's going to rain untill all of the fall photo ops are over :grumpy:

What do you guys do when it's raining? Anyone still go out? Im too scared to get my camera wet lol...

:er: :thumbdown: :er:
rainy weather at night in the city can be very interesting

For me it isnt that rain that bothers me, Its what the rain does to all the trees loosing leaves. The muck created by soggy leaves and the dull greys and browns just make me unhappy with a lot of my rainy day shots. I try to use it as a challenge to go find subjects that hold up in the rain. I pretty much avoid anything with nature in it though.

What photo ops are you looking for and why is the rain going to inhibit them? Tell us more about what you are trying to achieve and we can help further.

Think about the ways the rain can enhance your photos. Rain and it's aftermath is positive in many ways. When you come to photography problems; do not get scared. Get creative.

Love & Bass

Last edited:
I have a studio. so rainy days are inside days for me. Have u tried still life? flowers, fruit, action figures and such? I know it gets kinda boring. LOL

Taking photos in the rain can be quite rewarding. Try different shutter speeds, and add some bright colors like red or yellow, and then watch them stand out. And do stay under cover, or take along a helper with a big umbrella. Or what Buckster said, stick an umbrella down your back. I never thought of that.

Is your camera weather sealed? Don't worry about the rain.

One cool trick you can try is to take a plastic bag, cut a hole in the bottom. Sticky tape that hole to the UV filter protecting your lens, and then screw it back on the camera. You can access the camera from the bag and the only thing you can damage is your dignity sitting in the rain playing with a plastic bag.

In Atlanta - is the drought over yet?

They always tell you when we are IN a drought, but never seem to mention when we come out of one.
Actually they do, but the don't word it that way. "Not in a drought" doesn't sell many papers. Instead they use words like tornados, hurricanes and floods. All of which would indicate that the drought is over. :lol:

Most reactions

Back