Rainbow Forest

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a composite of two develops of the same IR shot, one color balanced to blue and white, and the other left to it's natural red and pink tones. I blended the red and pink version on top of the blue one with the saturation blending mode to get this effect.

rainbow_forest.jpg

I like the funky blending of colors from this picture. The bottom right is a bit dark on my monitor but I don't know if that's the way you wanted it. For me the best color blend is at the top right where there's white, green, and blue. Cool picture altogether though.

Thanks guys. The bottom right is dark, but I don't mind a little mystery.

I know we aren't supposed to post 2 images in 1 thread here, but this is a similar image. Same idea and technique. I'm curious which one you like more. I think I like this one a tad better myself.

rainbow_forest2.jpg

I like the first one better. Would it be possible to clone out the bits of trees in the upper left - I think it might make for a better comp. with the angled line of the top of the trees against solid blue sky.

Nice job.

Tuna

I like the second more by far, first one just doesn't do it for me for some reason, but the second one, I love the composistion, and even the funky colors seem better. This is really cool stuff matt!
oh, and im with tuna on the branches on the upper left of the first both, they arn't funky so they should go, heh :D

Most reactions

Back