Rainbow panorama

Awesome scene, beautiful soothing colours, perfect timing! (Would have liked to have been able to see more of the trees/village on the bottom for context, but that's just me :))
Thanks Federico. And for this photo, no, you wouldn't want to see more of the bottom. You would have then been looking into the back yard and rear windows of our neighbor's!

In Albuquerque, we commonly use evaporative cooling rather than refrigerated air. These 'swamp' coolers are often on the roof, and often need 'fiddling,' so a ladder is kept against the back of the house. So the roof has become a favourite haunt of mine for stalking the wild sunset.

Taken within moments of each other, and curiously, that's not where the join between the two lies. That discontinuity is just what was there. The join is a little to the right of that. For a brief moment, there had been a double rainbow.

Interesting, I have never seen a double rainbow before.

Interesting, I have never seen a double rainbow before.
This is one of the photos not used from that evening. Faintly seen is the small double portion. It was very fleeting as the light changed.

2746477267_412bdb8972.jpg

perfect symmetry, GREAT capture. For me, I almost might want to make the foliage contrast more with the rainbow and darken a tad, which would bring out the mountains a bit. That may be a bit much for some, but it MIGHT be worth a look see. Overall, though, a great piece. I REALLY need to move out West. . .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back