Rainbow with Sunset

phogan2292

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a sunset in the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone. The first image is the original RAW (converted to JPG for uploading) and the second is my processed image in a trial of Photoshop CC.

C&C on the images and the post processing is more than welcome! For post processing I did a Curves adjustment, Exposure to lighten the foreground, Color Balance to take out the magenta tinge in the shadows, some saturation boost on parts of the sky and rainbow, and a moderate noise reduction. Thanks!

$IMG_2160.jpg

$IMG_2160-Edit-2.jpg

Interesting processing and while mine is different, in no way should it be construed as better...just different.

Not being there and not knowing what the late sun colors looked like, I made no color adjustments. I did do 6 curves adjustments with the first being a white and black point set. Your green and blue channels were significantly off. Other than that, I just selected different parts of the image and adjusted for tonality and contrast. Mine is far more subdued.

$9650042712_a4baab7f6c_o.jpg

Thank you, ceeboy. Were you thinking my edit had too much green and too little blue? I was making a pretty concerted effort to decrease what I saw as a ton of magenta in the foreground along the side of the river, and from my memory of the time it was just overflowing with warm light. But then, memories will do that from time to time ;)

I was thinking you oversaturated your yellows and allowed for too much foreground detail. Neither one is righter than the other, each is just a different way of expressing a similar vision.

Most reactions

Back