Raindrops, Ripples, Reflections

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sun setting along the banks of the Poudre River near Windsor, Colorado.

Pentax *istDL
Tiffen .6 nd grad
Focal length: 38.0mm (35mm equivalent: 57mm)
Exposure time: 0.022 s (1/45)
Aperture: f/11.0
ISO equiv.: 400

IMGP1855-2.jpg

I think it would have been more semetrical if you had included the sky in the frame instead of just the reflection of it.

Other than that, I like the colors alot.

Awesome colours, loverly sunset. Windsor is a fun place :)

I like the photo just the way it is, with so much more of the lake and the reflections of the sky only to be seen, and the ripples of the one thrown stone, which help this image a lot, although the colours of this sunset alone do much to this picture.

Beautiful image. The foliage is rather dark, but it could just be my monitor. I agree with Lafoto's comments.

I like it a lot.. and I like the fact that it is not symetrical :D great colours!

Thanks for all of the comments. The darkness of the foliage was deliberate....I wanted to emphasize the colors and the reflection, and have more of a silhouetted view of the trees. The asymmetrical composition was also deliberate. I've been hammered for having perfectly symmetrical shots before. Finally, the ripples are not from stones. There was not a soul around to do that, nor did I. The front two ripples are from a few sprinkles that began to fall around me (hence the title in sequence)....and the one in the far distance is from a fish coming to the surface for a meal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back