Rainy day at Quebec - CC Requested

dalex100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This picture was taken when I visited Quebec 2 weeks ago. C&C would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rainy day by dalex100, on Flickr

The problem I have is with your choice of subject and location. There are lots, and lots of more picturesque locations in Quebec city or Montreal for doing street photography.

This shot would have been far better from the front using fill flash and blurring out the distracting background with a wide aperture such as f 2.8.

skieur

The problem is that I only got a bridge camera, so as I zoom the aperture gets smaller and I have to live with that. That's why I'm looking for a DSLR.

Ya know, I LIKE this photo! It's got a very "real" vibe to it! I like the exact placement of the people in the frame, and the wet street, and the tilt. No, it's not a "great" photo...but out of the billions of images shot every year world wide, surely this one deserves to be looked at a bit, ya know??? Again, I like the picture!

dude....does that walk sign say 65??? never seen that...

Dear Dalex,
This image is not a well composed one, i am afraid. The two persons talking there could have been your point of interest; but they are not well focused; those who walk away if made out of focus the impact would have been better. But you have told the problem; wishing you a speedy access to your DSLR :D

Other than the color of the umbrellas, this is uninteresting.

Most reactions

Back