Rainy day boredom C+C

Mturulski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got bored at home today, and decided to play with lighting a bit. I don't have any studio gear so I went macgyver style and used an old bed sheet for a back drop and an umbrella( $5.00 walmart rain type). Any tips or advice, other than going and buying real studio gear, would be appreciated.

Kaitlyn.jpg

Kaitlyn2.jpg

Kaitlyn3.jpg

4. "studio"
studiofun.jpg

Because of the silence, I am assuming that the lighting is perfect in every aspect, and there is nothing to improve on..I guess it's back to practicing sarcasm.:headbang:

Why the tears?

I like the somber look in #1 and #3. But that's me. I like the darkness. :)
Toddlers looking pensive is awesome!

I think the lighting looks good in #1, but could be brightened a little in #3

Actually, the lighting is quite good considering what you are working with? Goes to show what can be done with very little.

Exposure wise #1 is the best, followed by #3 and then #4.

But... did you really have to torture that poor child so he would sit still for you?

:lmao:

#1 is the best shot for sure, but the tears really got me. He looks like he's in time out, good thing Elmo is there to keep him company. :hug::

The tears are from her little sister attempting to steal elmo from her moments before the pic. It didnt occur to me until after the fact that the yellow umbrella, would cause a yellow tint. Thanks for the feedback.

** NO CHILDREN WERE HARMED, WHILE SHOOTING THESE PHOTOS

Last edited:
The tears are from her little sister attempting to steal elmo from her moments before the pic. It didnt occur to me until after the fact the the yellow umbrella, would cause a yellow tint. Thanks for the feedback.

** NO CHILDREN WERE HARMED, WHILE SHOOTING THESE PHOTOS
Ya know I figured it had something to do with Elmo.

bouncing the flash off the yellow umbrella is going to cause your pictures to be yellow. But overall the pics are pretty good.

So its acting similar to a gold reflector and adding some warmth into the image. Just a bit too yellowish. :lmao:

You can always try lining that umbrella with some aluminium paper or some other paper to change the colour, or by a new one with a better colour that you can use to your advantage.

Most reactions

Back