Raleigh Nightshot

DannyB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I certainly can't take credit for the idea. Shots of downtown from this vantage point have been around for years. I was driving by tonight and I figured I would try one out. I am still in the PP stages but here is the shot...

Raleigh.jpg

i like it a lot it seems to me that night shots always come out like smoother or something and i love the contrast of night shots.

We have such crappy architecture. But better than taking a photo of King's Motel...

Thanks everyone! I wish I had more architecture to shoot. I know it's out there though, just have to find it. Here are a couple more from the same night (untouched so far). I am using these more to just play with editing night shots. I know some need to be cropped and straightened. Anyone give me info on how to get rid of (or avoid) the light spots in these photos?

Picture038-2.jpg

Picture049-2.jpg

Picture065.jpg

What aperture did you shoot at? And you might want to try and adjust the WB a bit because your shot appears a bit on the orange side.

Really like the first,-interested to see what your settings where.

Really like the first one, especially that you can see the bridge at the bottom of the frame lit up under it. Very cool.

All the good pics to be taken are in Charlotte!

I miss NC.

#1 - S. Saunders Street..... or turning into S. McDowell Street? Nice shot.

You can also get a decent shot from Boylan Avenue bridge.

Yes it was taken on S. Saunders St. I was using my 50mm on aperture priority mode set to 3.5 and an exposure time of about 1 second and a little touch up in Gimp.

I have lived around here my whole life but have not once been to Charlotte. I will have to make a trip down there for the day soon.

Yes it was taken on S. Saunders St. I was using my 50mm on aperture priority mode set to 3.5 and an exposure time of about 1 second and a little touch up in Gimp.

I have lived around here my whole life but have not once been to Charlotte. I will have to make a trip down there for the day soon.

Don't bother making a trip to Charlotte. It's really trashy and pretentious and gross, and with Wachovia going under they're probably getting ready to head into a real-estate crash and all that fun stuff.

Most reactions

Back