Rally update

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since recently the rallying & car prep has been taking some of my photo time I thought I'd post an update or two!

After last weekends 061 rally I'm currently 7th oa, 1st in class & 2nd under 1400cc. We almost put the car on it's roof when we hit a huge hole in the forest and it sounds like the driveshafts/cv joints are getting worn, so some work required again!

On the plus side the temporary repairs to the power steering held out and the sump guard seems a lot stronger than thge previous design!

So all being well I hope to have some time to post some photos before the next event!

Heyyy, thanks for the update. And wow, great to hear you're doing well! Sounds like quite the adrenaline rush, to be flying through the forest and hit a big hole like that.

My navigator Matt didn't think so! I just had time to say hold on when we hit & he looked up from the maps to see a windscreen of gravel in the headlights! He was winded for about 5 minuites after & couldn't talk!

Photo taken by Vicky as Noah & I unload the car after washing off all the dirt & mud! No big dents either!!!

Post-061-Rally.jpg

Congrats on the placings. I had a go at an autotest for the first time on Sunday. I must get the video off of my friends phone. I don't think I'll be doing it again in the Herald after taking the inside of the arches back to shiny metal from tyre rubbing. :blushing:

I'd love to have a go at autotests ans auto solos one day.

Unfortunately the rallying is taking up quite a chunk of my weekends so to expect an more time off from "the family" would be asking for trouble!!!:confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back