Random DSLR questions/thoughts

This is exciting to find out that people here do use Pentax. My parents got me a DL for graduation and I have been enjoying it, but it is very hard to find people who can help with questions about them, since everyone uses nikon and canon. I'm gonna have to subscribe to this thread so I can find K-mounters when I need to :)

I was searching the forum because i'm in the market for the new Pentax K100. You guys have been a lot of help with your opinions. I have had a K1000 for years, and am happy to hear that the 100 will work with the glass from my 1000.

Thanks for your help. :mrgreen:

Oh, man . . .

You guys have gone and gotten me all upset about sell-outs. I've started scouring the 'net for Zorky samovars and Kiev toasters!

[Excellent thread, by the way.]

Skully said:
I would stick with Canon or Nikon regardless of equipment owned or cost. I don't know if you heard or read but Pentax and Minolta are sellouts they hooked-up with Samsung and Sony to make there DSLRs. They may be good digitally, however I doubt if you'll ever see a lens, accessory lines and factory support like Canon and Nikon offer already. I look at it this way Canon and Nikon have been making professional cameras, lens and accessories for decades with no plans of selling out to a Tv, radio ,dishwasher and general electronics company. As a pro I am loyal to Canon...Hoped this helped a little ,good luck. I would **** die if I ever seen a Canon coffee pot..

But they have printer, copyer......
So Nikon is a the best choice
but, but, Nikon have not his own ccd or cmos,I am so sorry to say that:confused:
I have a Minolta DSLR
I recommend Pentax K100D, It's so good

Hey Mr. President,

Some of this depends on your timetable for buying - photokina is coming in September - and there is always lots of new, fun stuff released then!!!! This is also coming from a long-time minolta user so consider it suspect at best.... The Alpha A100 is an entry-level camera - the better is yet to come!

Your Minolta AF glass is and will be compatible with the Sony dSLR's (no re-chipping needed) - they are BANKING on keeping the 16 million+ Minolta AF lens base and related users to achieve their gross sales (in the dSLR market) goals.

IMHO (aka SPECULATION!!!!), Sony will be coming out with a more competitive mid-range camera at photokina or maybe slightly thereafter (thats a no-brainer). I am hoping to see a new, really advanced CCD in conjunction with super fast processing or would settle for a great cmos processor (unsure if Sony has one right now...), but no one is sure on that 'cept Sony and they're not saying!

Personally, i'd go with the Sony (Minolta) mount this Fall and watch the lens and accessory selection grow - it is already pretty decent with Sony re-branding much of the KM line as well as adding some CZ items. Remember, Sony makes among the most advanced and highest quality broadcast video production equipment and i think they're looking to do the same in the still photography market as well.

Of course this is just a humble opinion from a more humble guy....

ft

Carl Zeiss?
Hehe, SAL made in China, CZ made by Minolta:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back