Random person in the dark

Audible_Chocolate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Title sounds dark and ominous huh? This is kind of a long story, but good none the less.

I was out taking some night photos at Bunker Lake Park last night. It is pitch black (9:45pm). I walk into a field to get away from any park/street lights and start setting up my equipment. I get a few shots off and I hear movement. My alert level goes to a red and I prepare my flash light and firearm (uncovering the gun from under my jacket). As the movement gets closer I can tell that it is a man, my eyes have adjusted and I can see that he is about 100ft out when he walks off of the road and starts walking toward me in the field. I quick take out my phone start recording the audio and toss it back into my pocket. He turns on a flashlight and asks me what I am doing. I tell him that I am taking photos. "at night? In the dark?" I tell him yeah and then he says something that kind of took me by surprise. He tells me "I'm locked and loaded, you scared the **** out of me!" I responded with a "umm ok?" I didn't want to talk guns with this guy, I just wanted him to leave. He asks me my name and I tell him its irreverent. "I don't know you, why would I give you my name?" I asked him what his was and he said Mike. I told him mine and said have a nice night. He walked to his SUV which was parked a few spaces away from my car. I watched him as he scoped my car out with his light. Looking at my license plate and inside the car. Then he drove off. I am positive he never saw my weapon.

Just a strange encounter I thought I would share.

Try not walking up to random people in the dark. How is it that I.. scared you? You walked right up to me? lol

END RANT.

Last edited:
"...Oh what this big camera sitting on the tripod with all my equipment mounted on it and this big bag of gear? Yeah you're right, I'm not really taking pictures, I'm a terrorist sneaking through the border."

I get a few shots off and I hear movement. My alert level goes to a red and I prepare my flash light and firearm (uncovering the gun from under my jacket).

He tells me "I'm locked and loaded, you scared the **** out of me!" I responded with a "umm ok?" I didn't want to talk guns with this guy, I just wanted him to leave. He asks me my name and I tell him its irreverent.

I am positive he never saw my weapon.

Two guys come close to an armed encounter for no reason except that both are carrying.

and the word I think you meant was 'irrelevant.'

I was walking to the METRO just the other night around 10pm in downtown Washington, DC. The streets are generally pretty crowded that time of night.

I stopped at an ATM for some cash that I needed to pay a babysitter. The money is coming out of the machine when this skinny teenage girl (maybe 20, 21?) appears from nowhere and wants to know if I know the area because she's "lost" and can't find her parked car. I turn around and 2 BIG brothers appear directly behind me--they are with her. They take strategic positions on either side of the "exit" area for this ATM machine. Let's just say that they didn't appear to belong with this girl. I'm thinking oh crap, I'm about to get robbed. I have a wife and 2 young kids at home. I quickly grab the cash, stuff it in my pocket without taking my eyes from them and reach inside my coat pocket where I WOULD be carrying my Glock if it were EFFING Legal to concealed carry in DC.

I walk slowly past one of them and they then vanish as quickly as they appeared.

Now that was scary. Lesson--do not EVER approach a person at an ATM machine!!!!!

meh, he never saw the gun and I wouldn't said it was as tense as you are thinking haha. Open carry is legal in Minnesota and I often do it. The only reason why I wasn't was because I had a very heavy jacket on. It was about 10 degrees out last night.

Most reactions

Back