Random photos of 2005

nick_inthesurf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This photo was taken when i was in China in the Summer Palace... strangely it was winter, and still beautiful. I was new to photography and was my first camera. Pretty pleased with the shot.

DSC009612.jpg

This was more recent at a mexican restaurant in Sydney. It wasnt a planned shot, it was a suprise shot of the unsuspecting victim, which is why the focus is off a bit.

alexmexican.jpg

This was taken when i got a new guitar, the shot is probably unoriginal, but i like it anyway.

guitar.jpg

tell me what you think... just remember im very new to photography and havent got the best of the best gear either...

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about what you have, just what you do with it. :)

I like the first the most. I like the colours and delicate branches. You should be please with that shot.

Love the first shot. Welcome to the forum.!!!

the first shot is so cool... and the girl in the sombrero is really fun...she is adorable...

love the guitar shot, too.....welcome!! looking forward to your other posts..

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

i like the last one bestest

Welcome, seems there are a bunch of us new folk. I dont feel so bad... The first shot is beautiful.

These shots are fantastic. Like ferny said, the equipment doesn't matter as much as what you do with it. Your camera doesn't compose the shot, it just captures it. I like what you did with the guitar especially. I have seen the shot done many ways and most come from the top of the neck (the nut if you know your guitar well) and use a shallow DOF. I like this shot better. Also the first shot is GOLD! Great silohuette (or however you spell it) and detail on the branches. Welcome to the forum, if this is your first stuff I can't wait to see where you can go from here.

Thanks heaps for your comments, really encouraging. Ive got about 5 or 6 photos like the first one (in the same place and same time but of different things) if youd like to see them just say so and ill post them up. Thanks once again for your kind words...

Welcome to TPF, Nick ... why are you "in the surf"? ;)

The first one is most appealing because of its atmosphere, but the candid portrait picture is also very nice.
You are right: the shallow DOF pic of the guitar strings is not very original, seems like all those who own a guitar take this kind of photo at one point in time, but I still like that one, too.

You are off to a very good start, and equipment is not all!!! What you see and how you capture it counts most.

Most reactions

Back