Random

Rick Waldroup

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.rickwphotography.com
Since we do not have a street forum, I am posting the photos here.

These are some random shots from the past few months.

They were shot with several different cameras including an OM-D, a Lumix GX-1, and an Epson RD-1. A variety of lenses were used.

Bourbon Street - New Orleans

p1590162052-5.jpg

Cowboy - Hico, Texas

p1461578844-5.jpg

Strongman - Fort Worth, Texas

p1628220545-5.jpg

The Mercury Lounge - Tulsa, Oklahoma

p1861447151-5.jpg

Exchange Avenue - Fort Worth, Texas

p1825952301-5.jpg

Last edited:
Lew, what do you like about the first one?

I like them all, but the couple in the corner of the first one really makes that one for me, it's a simple touch and your timing was right there. I believe that if she had not put her hand to his face it really would have been a nothing picture. A little timing, a little luck and a nice image.

I like them all, but the couple in the corner of the first one really makes that one for me, it's a simple touch and your timing was right there. I believe that if she had not put her hand to his face it really would have been a nothing picture. A little timing, a little luck and a nice image.

Thanks for the very kind words. Yes, sometimes you need a little luck, along with a lot of patience, to get the right shot. This was shot on an extremely busy night on Bourbon Street. I was on a balcony and I had the shot in mind- I was waiting for the crowds to clear to try and isolate the young couple on the left and the guy on the right. The crowds cleared for just a brief moment, the guy on the right looked up, and suddenly the girl reached out for her boyfriend- I then swung the camera down a bit to catch the couple at the bottom leaving the frame. All this was done in a split second and that is when I knew I had my shot.

Thanks, once again.

The first one is truly exceptional, yep. For reasons given.

Sorry to be so long but on an iPad and in transit back from San Francisco after a wonderful long weekend.
I like the first because of its a geometric construction with the caught in the moment human element imposed on it. - the man looking up with the startled expression and the woman with her hand raised. I would have like his head not to be clipped but it is as it is- better that than a missed shot.

Most reactions

Back