Randomness

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was random photo taken in April, near St. Simmons Island in GA.

4516244532_26a37602fe_b.jpg

I moved the Sun back into the sky, and did a couple of other quicky random things to your random photo. There is a little posterization on the left in the sky. Gotta love JPEGs. :banghead:

b4516244532_26a37602fe_b.jpg

A relative -

846614543_Thcai-M.jpg

Last edited:
Been printing up a storm lately. In total, I have about 50 2x2" prints that I am using as props for a series of photographs.

Print30_800.jpg

I'll play along.

4637096851_77f4666d82.jpg

Took yesterday while testing my new dual 45 degree split prism focusing screen. I liked the lighting and textures.

Took this about a week or two ago out riding with my friends, thought it fitted in well with the different lifestyles. Didn't notice he was coming and quickly snapped it as he passed. Pretty pleased with the shot :wink:

DSC00118.jpg

Last edited:
Well talking about how everyone is diverse and shooting our daily lives... here is my life a lot of the time.
This was a random shot from about a week ago!
4626832901_8dbfbd7a5b_b.jpg

Random, from today.
I hate the word random applied to a photograph. In my mind it means just program the camera shutter to fire at random intervals, regardless of waht it's pointed at.

You choose that shot. You thought it was interesting enough to frame and release the shutter, negating the tag "random", IMO.

Interesting subject, but seems to lean to the right (I don't think it really does) and the curves in the main subject convey a sense of motion that feel diminished by the central composition.

Last edited:
I'll play along....
... Took yesterday while testing my new dual 45 degree split prism focusing screen. I liked the lighting and textures.
Nice lighting FattyMcJ! :thumbup::D

A simple subject with just enough color and variation in texture to add a ton of interest (the splash of yellow). But, slightly tilted to the right adding a discordant sense of balance.

Random, from today.
I hate the word random applied to a photograph. In my mind it means just program the camera shutter to fire at random intervals, regardless of waht it's pointed at.

You choose that shot. You thought it was interesting enough to frame and release the shutter, negating the tag "random", IMO.

I think he meant "randomly chosen from the sum of the days shots". Not random composition.

At least that's how I perceived the point of this thread, randomly chosen shots from your most recent activity.

Well then, here's my randomly chosen shot of the train yard for the 7 train.

4635487827_da0a75759d_o.jpg

Here's a random shot from a quick stopover at the USS Alabama

DSC_0089.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back