Randomness

Thayli

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haven't posted in a while, so this is a selection of some of the stuff I've done in the last couple of months. The only thing I've really been working on recently is trying to get better sharpness in the shots.

Critique is welcome of course, but considering all the pics are from different sets, probably difficult lol. We'll call this more of an update of progress.

$1.jpg$2.jpg$3.jpg$4.jpg$5.jpg

Good see you back- some interesting work there, but I'm not sure I understand the lighting concept. In a couple, it looks like you had two soft-boxes stacked one over the other, and then in others, it looks like you were lighting from below ("horror" lighting). The images aren't bad at all (a couple have a mild green cast), but it just seems an unusual lighting style.

Good see you back- some interesting work there, but I'm not sure I understand the lighting concept. In a couple, it looks like you had two soft-boxes stacked one over the other, and then in others, it looks like you were lighting from below ("horror" lighting). The images aren't bad at all (a couple have a mild green cast), but it just seems an unusual lighting style.

Ive been all over the place with my lighting recently, been experimenting mostly with catchlights. I heard someone mention 'clamshell' lighting one day and thats where the stacked softbox lighting came from. (I have absolutly no idea what 'clamshell lighting' is, but the stacked softboxes was the first thing that came to mind, and i really liked the effect in the eyes). Apart from that, yes there is some horror lighting, and the black and white one was an attempt to semi-recreate an old WW2 poster. (There was war planes in the empty sky space to the the left in the original. "Look To The Skies" i believe was the catchphrase).

But yeah, lots of experimenting going down here lol. When you only have one model theres no excuse not to i guess.

When you only have one model...

She's all you need.

Very true, however I'm starting to really be at a loss of what to do next content-wise. I churn out 50 half portraits and a couple of full-bodys a month, but its all pretty much the same thing repeated over and over. While I do seem to be getting better in a pain-stakingly slow fashion, its all very dull and unexciting. I have the creative imagination of a brick.

Most reactions

Back