Randoms from 1yo birthday party

TenaciousTins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I'm currently visiting Australia and while here, I got the opportunity to go to a 1 year old girl's birthday party. It was held outside (YAY) but under a gazebo so I had some issues with back lighting and backgrounds. However, I wasn't an official photographer or anything like that, just taking snapshots per say. Here are the general public (aka friends of the mother) favorites...C+C welcome, just keep in mind I wasn't going big here:

1. The crowd favorite (wish I didn't cut off her ear though)
7044191169_4589cb39fb.jpg

A few other favorites:

7044189689_819386b456.jpg

6898091634_407a3119ac.jpg

4. Originally in color, crowd liked it better in b+w

6898095386_f06fa150a3.jpg

6898096634_f70dc9ccee.jpg

I know that's a lot, but I really just wanted to share them. The baby girl and her mom are so photogenic and the mom LOVES my pictures. I had an opportunity to do a sort of official photoshoot with the baby last year when I was here, and even back then, they were both so photogenic. The mom also has given me permission to use the pictures as I please so it's all good.

All pictures were shot with the 55-250mm lens and in Manual with various settings. The day was extremely bright, not a cloud in the sky so it was hard to get a good balance. Still, I enjoyed myself and what matters to me is that the mom and her friends are happy!

Hope you enjoyed!

#4 looks really good. Did you do any work in post on these? If so, you might wanna clean up the baby's face a little. Nice snaps though

Thank you so much! The only thing I did post is in Lightroom...upped the black levels, sometimes the contrast, and tried to get the temperature right. Not sure how to clean the baby's face up...I do have Photoshop Elements 8...but have very limited experience/knowledge in it. Willing to learn though!

That first shot is gorgeous!

Thanks Tibs! I couldn't have asked for a better "model". She's so beautiful. I wish I hadn't cut off her ear in number 1 lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back