Rangefinder questions (specific to older Leica M's and screwmounts)

If you are going to Peru why not take a weather proof Point n Shoot? You don't have to worry about it getting wet and it is compact enough to go with you everywhere.

3508B001 Canon PowerShot D10 Compact Digital Camera, 12 Megapixel, WaterProof to 33 Feet, 3x Optical IS Zoom

The wife will likely be carrying a P&S, so whatever I carry will be for the more "artisitic" shots that'll get turned into larger prints and also, for wide-angle landscapes, architecture and low-light.

And, usayit, the color rendition on the 21mm seems pretty good from the images I've seen taken with it. I tend to use wide-angles a lot, so it'll get the most use. The 50 will be mostly for low-light, snapshots and street type stuff.

... it seems like the more I read the more cases I'm finding of people using the Jupiter-8 without any issues on a bessa r. ...

DOF will cover the small error when shooting at middle and small apertures and/or when shooting distant subjects. Its when you shoot wide open and close distances that the discrepancy can show.

... it seems like the more I read the more cases I'm finding of people using the Jupiter-8 without any issues on a bessa r. ...

DOF will cover the small error when shooting at middle and small apertures and/or when shooting distant subjects. Its when you shoot wide open and close distances that the discrepancy can show.

Ah, I see. I sent an email to the guy at fedka.com to see if he can adjust the lens for me and give it a CLA before it comes out. It would be worth the extra $39 to get it done and not have to worry about it.

I've been browsing images taken with the lens on flickr, and it seems like a decent performer. Even the very few shots I could find wide-open were perfectly acceptable. The 21 F4 also appears to be a fantastic lens. If I can swing it, I may try and get a Jupiter-9 as well so I have something longer than 50mm to bring with me as well.

Most reactions

Back