Rare Asian Golden Monitor Lizard

Okay, enough is enough!! Now I'm going to have to come to India.

Darn nice shots, tack sharp, and entertaining.

My favourite is number 1, and I really like number 2, but I feel that number 2 needs just a tad more space in front of her face. Even if it would have meant cutting off an equal amount of her neck to maintain your ratio.

Okay, enough is enough!! Now I'm going to have to come to India.
You're most welcome to visit us, but do avoid the months of May and June if you don't want sunburns. :)

My favourite is number 1, and I really like number 2, but I feel that number 2 needs just a tad more space in front of her face. Even if it would have meant cutting off an equal amount of her neck to maintain your ratio.
I see what you mean, I couldn't find any shot where there's more space around it.. It's something I should have fixed in camera. Thanks :)

I see what you mean, I couldn't find any shot where there's more space around it.. It's something I should have fixed in camera. Thanks :)

Hi Raj,

Thanks very much for the invite. I may take you up on it one day.

Here are a few very quick and dirty edits of number 2.

The truth is, i'm not sure that any of them do your original justice.

$Raj monitor - edit 1.jpg

$Raj monitor - edit 2.jpg

$Raj monitor - edit 3.jpg

I really like #2 TBH. I never considered adding in that space in PS, I need to start thinking in another dimension. Thanks a lot :)

I really like #2 TBH. I never considered adding in that space in PS, I need to start thinking in another dimension. Thanks a lot :)

No problem. It's just a field of wheat that I threw a Gaussian blur filter over it, and then superimposed the monitor (very quick cut-out, not done well at all) onto it.

Nice shots Raj :thumbup:
Great shots! I am really in love with the second one. I'd love a monitor someday.
Thanks Bill & WardQ :)

Aw, they're kinda cute :) And the pictures are very well done.
Thanks Leonore, finally someone who thinks they're cute. I actually find all reptiles to be cute, wonder how people are so afraid of them. All they want is to cuddle :p

That's not love or affection, that's called being ectothermic.

Most reactions

Back