Rate this guy's work

LoKaM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
http://dagoth.com/

A few of my girl friends have been posed by this guy, and while everyone around me tends to say this guy is incredible and what not, there's just something that doesn't feel right to me..

What do you guys think of his work? I know you probably know alot better than me what is professional portrait shooting and what still needs work.

I just want to know how he compares.

Its not in english....

Well there's yur prablem!

the website is a nightmare, both in design and also to navigate.

Lighting seems far from perfect on many of the close ups. Not that I could do better, but I have seen much better.

He seems into soft focus a bit too much, which I personally do not like.

the website is a nightmare, both in design and also to navigate.

Lighting seems far from perfect on many of the close ups. Not that I could do better, but I have seen much better.

He seems into soft focus a bit too much, which I personally do not like.

Oh yea and that too :D

Sorry totally forgot about the language issue..

Just click the main window and then ''Gallerie'' in the menu.

Yes and click femmes otherwise you're looking at dudes. I think he does a pretty good job, some have some light issues but not too bad. He underexposes some of them also. I've seen better but I've also seen worse.

His work is not bad, but it's a little lifeless. By the looks of the catchlights, he is using a standard "school potrait" light set-up in just about all of them. I think using different lighting breaks things up, and also can provide some cool results. I usually have the most fun in my studio using only one light and bouncing as much of it as I can where it is needed. This guy is using two lights, camera left, and camera right pointed directly at the subject. BORING.

my 2¢

I agree with Double H.

It's adequate, some of them are pretty good, some...not so much.

I think the photos would benefit quite a lot from some good post processing. The shots I looked at were trying to be 'glamour'...and that type of photography typically has a lot of editing done to it.
I'm not saying they need a lot of work...but these look like they have had very little or no work done to them.

A lot of them are underexposed.
He is using lots of softfocus...but I'm not sure he is doing it properly...cause it doesn't turn out very well.
His lighting is extremely boring.
His website is horrid. Can't stand the website.

I agree as well with most here, looks like standard portrait photography that nearly anyone with a backdrop and a couple lights couple do. Not to say its bad but just very standard. Also as mike pointed out it loks as if no post processing was done which leaves these shots real flat, in the shot with the girl reflected in the mirror he did not even frame the mirror out of the shot, you can clearly see the edge f the mirror. To me that does not lok professinal at all.

as others have said, lighting isn't perfect and it's just standard, it isn't bad but it isn't new

I think it's really poor... The guy simply has a bad touch. Sorry if I sound harsh but there is not much to say. The light is raw, the framing is lame and unbalanced and originality and creativity are simply missing.

I'm assuming this person has a decent camera and a decent lighting setup therefore, this is a great example of the photographer taking the photo not the gear. This person's work should quell the fear that so many people are buying gear and charging for photos and therefore threatening photographers who are looking to make a living from the trade and are very skilled. If this is the result of the proliferation of photographers due to the decrease in price in good equiptment then do not be worried because this is the result, unispiring photographs.

I thought that besides poor to average lighting, posing and poor web design, his style almost borders on slutty. I am not saying the girls are at fault, but the photographer is simply sub-standard, and almost cheesy

Well that's kind of why I was wondering.

This guy's known as the next best thing when it comes to portrait photography around here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back