Rattlesnake

Bamps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mohave Rattlesnake (crotalus scutulatus)
image.jpeg

Hope you weren't to close, the depth of field on the snake itself suggests a short focal length at first. But now that I look at it the field of mostly in focus almost missed the snake. I could wish that the focus point was further back on the snake. The pebbles front and center being in good focus is less interesting than having more of the snake in focus would be.

Hope you weren't to close, the depth of field on the snake itself suggests a short focal length at first. But now that I look at it the field of mostly in focus almost missed the snake. I could wish that the focus point was further back on the snake. The pebbles front and center being in good focus is less interesting than having more of the snake in focus would be.

Thanks for the CC! Yes I do not like getting close to these things. I was trying to pinpoint the focus point on the eyes but it was in motion at the time, in retreat. These have the worst venom around and are hard to shoot while out on the desert alone. I am not a herpetologist and an amateur photographer, just beginning. I thank you for your suggestions and will take them to heart and field. Yes, I do agree that more of the snake and less of the pebbles would make a more interesting photo. Thanks again

wow too close :distracted: great nerves no shake :glee: al

These guys scare me more than anything. More than bears. More than moose. And only slightly ahead of bison.

Seriously, man, you've got some cajonas!

These guys scare me more than anything. More than bears. More than moose. And only slightly ahead of bison.

Seriously, man, you've got some cajonas!

I live in the desert with these things all over the place. We have 3 kinds regularly, (sidewinders, d-backs and these mojaves) in my yard. I give them space and much respect!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back