Raw files viewing app for Android

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just changed over to a Samsung tablet from an ipad. What is the best app to view raw files? Looking for something similar to ipad that allows me to select which thumbnails to download and view them as a slideshow. Not wanting to have to open each individual file for viewing... bonus would be some light editing features (crop, adjust brightness, add contrast etc.).

Any recommendations? Free is preferred but if it's a solid app I wouldn't mind paying a small fee. Thanks for your input!

I tried PS Express. I'm sure it's user error on my part but I can't seem to get the files to load into the app. When I go to the SD card and open an individual file, it opens fine using PSE but only for that file. When I want the next one I have to close that one and then go back to the SD card reader and open the next... Is there any way to convert and download the files off of the SD card and onto the tablet using PSE?

Edit for those who may have the same questions:
Follow up to add that I found what I need in RawDroid (the free demo). Very easy to use and immediately uploaded my SD card for thumbnail viewing. I can use the free demo to view the photos and do light editing like cropping and brightness/saturation using SnapSeed. The "pro" version of RawDroid is only $5.99 so will upgrade to that in the future if needed. Really will only be using the tablet to view pics while traveling or for quick shares of snapshots on social media so this is exactly what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Testing upload feature...

Attachments

• _10.jpg
    _10.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 167

Most reactions

New Topics

Back