RAW help!!!

OnlyNACJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have heard that shooting in a RAW format allows for more editing after the pictures are downloaded. I decided to take some pics in the RAW format and little did I know that they wouldn't download in the normal JPEG format. Am I missing something here? What are the particulars needed to download RAW pics? Is it just the high-end software that supports this? Don't have Photoshop CS2 yet!

Thanks in advance for the help.

Very nice program. Not to mention FREE! Thanks for the help. I have pics stuck in my camera and this will help big time. I'll assume that when I eventually quit being cheap and buy CS2 the program can handle RAW images though?

I've started playing with Photoshop elements - the poor man's photoshop. It supports raw. Has a lot of the utilities of it's big brother but does not support full 16 bit with all of it's 'tools'.

Yes Cs2 does support raw images

I find that rawshooters is better for prossessing raw images then CS2

Yeah the more I play with it here the more I like it. Thanks for the tip about rawshooters.

You camera should have come with RAW converting software as well. However, if you are already using R.S.E....then you are good to go.

Here is a good article about digital Workflow, there is also plenty of other good stuff on that site.

so there going to stop letting ppl download it.. but theres still going to be people who Allow the install file to be downloaded from there own personal site..

it will just be harder to find

I think this is off topic but I was wondering what the turn around time was for new camera raw file compatibility with adobe photoshop.
Currently the Nikon D40 Raw file is not compatible with photoshop so Im just wondering.

bnz506 said:
I think this is off topic but I was wondering what the turn around time was for new camera raw file compatibility with adobe photoshop.
Currently the Nikon D40 Raw file is not compatible with photoshop so Im just wondering.

It's usually a few weeks to a few months.

Most reactions

Back