raw images - which color profile?

Kathleen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've just edited a raw image in photoshop and saved it as a psd. Once saved as a psd, I try to open it but I get the following options. Which one should I select? My photos will be printed at a photostore if that is a deciding factor. I've attached the following image to show the message that I'm getting.

Attachments

• $select.jpg
    $select.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 96
The photostore will most likely be using sRGB, so that's what I would use.

You probably have your camera set to Adobe RGB, which is technically a wider color gamut, but you have to remember to switch it if/when you output your files.

Personally, I keep everything in sRGB just because it's easier.

So if I understand correctly, I would select "Convert documents colors to the working space" Is this correct?

You mentioned that I probably have my camera set to Adobe RGB, I double checked, nope it is as you say, sRGB.

So if I understand correctly, I would select "Convert documents colors to the working space" Is this correct?
I believe so, yes. This may alter the color somewhat, but better to do it at this stage, rather than getting prints back that don't look like you think they should.

Well...something is setting the embedded profile to be Adobe RGB. Maybe check your RAW converter (Adobe Camera RAW, if using Photoshop).

A-ha! I think it just may be happening when I open a raw image in photoshop. In the workflow options it shows Space as Adobe RGB. Would I be correct in saying that I should change this to sRGB EIC61966-1 ?

Most reactions

Back