Rockern1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello

I shoot with Canon Rebel xsi 18-55mm lens.:D

I cant open any of my raw files with my "Photoshop CS3 Extended"
I also have Photoshop Elements 7.0 i could open the raw files in that but i don't know how to convert them in to .tiff file format.
I was hoping that someone can help me out, maybe give me a link to someplace where i can learn how to convert Raw - tiff in photoshop elements or maybe how i can open them in Photoshop CS3. Sorry im still new to all this.

Thanks in advance:D

This is what happens when i try to open raw file
untitled-1.jpg

It looks to me like you don't have the version of ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) that supports your Xsi. ACR is the RAW reader built into photoshop. RAW files are camera-specific. Have you run an update on CS3?

no i havent
are there any updates i could run to help fix the problem

under the help menu is a "check for updates" tab. try it.

Yay nvm Thannks icassell i figured it out i copied the Camera Raw plugin from my Photshop elements into the Photshop CS3 and it works;)

On my Mac, I think it is the same on pc, I just open PSE, put my cursor over the "Help" menu and choose "Updates" from the drop down menu. The software automatically looks for updates.
If that fails you can go to the Adobe site and look for the update that addresses your camera and download it from there.

Sorry icassel. I obviously don't type fast enough.

Last edited:
Yay nvm Thannks icassell i figured it out i copied the Camera Raw plugin from my Photshop elements into the Photshop CS3 and it works;)

Great! Glad I could help :)

Most reactions

Back