Raw? Viewing? Can't..?

hawee99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took a bunch of pictures in RAW. When I went to view them i noticed a different thumbnail image and it didnt preview the thumnail like normal. If I rest the cursor on the image...it says....Type, PaintShop Pro studio Image. Double Click, can't view. Right click, say open with Adobe 7.0, still can't view. Help :D

These programs will not open RAW files. Each camera manufacturer has invested a large fortune in developing RAW file formats that will bring the most out of their hardware. In doing so, they must provide, either with the camera, or at an added expense a RAW file converter. Nikon provided "Nikon View" with my cameras and I purchased Nikon NX to manipulate those files. I don't know about other camera makers and what they provide.

so i will never be able to edit/view RAW files with any version of Adobe?

so i will never be able to edit/view RAW files with any version of Adobe?

Photoshop has a RAW converter that works with most cameras. I think they do a good job with newer cameras and updating there program. Photoshop 7.0 will open cameras that were in production around 2003 or so. CS is considered ver. 8, CS2 ver. 9 and so on.

sweet. im about to upgrade to CS2. thanks

Lightroom has the ability to edit RAW files as well.

The photoshop plugin is called CameraRAW. It comes default with CS3, is a free plugin for CS2, and is the main conversion engine that forms the basis of Lightroom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back