RAW with High ISO

also, the past couple days I've had 8 orders for 20x30's. IMO they chose the crappiest pictures I had...at night, dust in the air, 3200 ISO, etc. But, the content was good and their cars stood out. Lucky for me, I shot those night shots in RAW :)

also, the past couple days I've had 8 orders for 20x30's. IMO they chose the crappiest pictures I had...at night, dust in the air, 3200 ISO, etc. But, the content was good and their cars stood out. Lucky for me, I shot those night shots in RAW :)

Wow you're beginning to sound like one of only about 3 people on this entire forum who understand what photography is actually about.

<whisper> For those who don't, it has nothing to do with noise </whisper>

I guess the same isn't true with little kids cameras....

My high ISO NEF's converted to JPEG by Nikons ViewNX are lousy... even at 400... The incamera JPEG processing is far superior up to 1600. This was even mentioned in a recent issue of Popular Photography (I can't remember the month but the D60 was on the cover.... maybe may).

I think they rated D60 ISO raw conversion as fair but in camera jpg as excellent.

In my admittedly relatively limited experience with it... ViewNX is an inexcusably bad piece of software. Using it would, in my opinion, be considered "highly inadvisable".

Wow you're beginning to sound like one of only about 3 people on this entire forum who understand what photography is actually about.

:lol:

It's about sharpness, right?

Here here! :wav:

Sounds like your marketing is doing well. You are(or were) running a special on the 20x30s right? Now you'll have 8 more drivers/customers talking to each other about how great the prints are long after the special has ended.

Keep it up. :thumbup:

:banghead:

Haven't had that good of a laugh in awhile...hahaha :lol:

Sounds like your marketing is doing well. You are(or were) running a special on the 20x30s right? Now you'll have 8 more drivers/customers talking to each other about how great the prints are long after the special has ended.

Keep it up. :thumbup:

Yeah I can't wait to get the 20x30's in. The day I bring them to the track is going to be a big day. They absolutely can't wait. The past couple weeks, I have made a couple decisions that have dramatically increased sales. The biggest at the moment is watermarking.

Watermark 1: used a few months ago as primary...now only used on about 10 highlights.

Watermark 2: used for the past few months...didn't make much difference

Watermark 3: started using it a week ago. I used to make $50/week in 4x6 sales, but am so far making 6 times that :) woohoo! I was getting all kinds of photo views on my smugmug account, but hardly any online sales. This here did the trick.

Watermark 1
336113835_D8hCE-M.jpg

Watermark 2
328481022_ANByY-M.jpg

Watermark 3
336176672_XQpsV-M.jpg

Another watermark 3...haha
336129838_7Xkim-M.jpg

Great shots Keith. I especially like the second image - great angle of the car. And the thrid picture captures a great moment. Looks like a lot of fun to shoot too.

Garbz was doing the head bang because it's about megapixels, extremely expensive equipment, and making sure you always shoot in RAW!

We all knew that though right? :lmao:

update -

I printed off a few 4x6's from Walmart. The ones at 3200 ISO, underexposed, exposure bumped during post-processing, then converted to jpeg in LR, etc...you know, the ultimate grainy photo. I couldn't find a spec of grain on the prints! The photos were very sharp and looked excellent. Now, these are only 4x6's, but those are now the most-sold at the track...so I am more than impressed!

Thanks to everyone on here who is obsessed with RAW and convinced me to finally suck up the 13MB files and give it a try!

Most reactions

Back