rays of the sun (redux)

meotter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
(click for larger view)

please tell me what you don't like about this photo. whilst i like the colors and i mostly like the composition, there is something in here that doesn't do it for me.

feel free to edit.

the image has been cropped, and levels adjusted, but that's about it.

I like it. The yellow horizon is neat. I don't see much not to like except that the horizon is a bit tilted. you could maybe crop in a bit more. Throwing in a silhouette of something woulda been cool. But it's fine as is too.

no other critiques? :(

i thought the horizon was straight, it was just a hill there... maybe i'm wrong :p

It seems to be. If you try to make it look any straighter, the steeple on the right will be even more tilted to the left.

Here's my thought on it:

img4946jz6-mod.jpg

It seemed a bit "dull" to me, so I moved the white point down so that you got a true white in the image. That helped brighten it up a little. I also played with the contrast curve a bit to brighten the image as a whole and increase the contrast some. I also cropped out more of the bottom and the right, which I don't think was adding much to the image. This brings the focus back to what I took to be the main subject of the image: the light coming through the gaps.

Wow Markc. Can you come edit all MY photos? Seriously, the original shot was so-so, and you turned it to beauty!

interesting edit, thanks. i liked the "gradient" from the bright sun shining through to the darker clouds on the right, also i thought that the clouds were interesting enough and it gave the rays some "runout room". I had also cropped some of the ground from the original pic, but doing more i guess doesn't really hurt anything either. good thought on bumping the white and contrast, definitly better. :)

looking at mine, good call on cropping the left side too. definitly nothing over there to see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back