Rays

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
bwtreesky.jpg

damn Cruzin, this is a great shot! going b&w and including the tree was a brilliant idea! nice tones. :thumbup:

That is a great capture, :thumbup: and the b&w is fantastic.

I like this pic a lot!! I love it how you can see the tree is actually coming out of the water.... creepy.

In short, Cruzin: bee-you-tee-full! ;)
I've seen it at home (still using my old crappy monitor, but only for another couple of days!), and am now seeing it using the internet station in the bookstore in Oldenburg where I while away my time while my daughter's swimming her several kilometres, and like it even more (since all the details finally show).
Where were you?
Why don't we see any land at all?

Wow, thank you all very much for you kind comments :D

I was wondering if some would think the picture underexposed, but if I exposed more I would have lost detail in the clouds where the sun's rays break through.. Luckly I bracketed the shot.

JonMikal I knew the picture needed more than water and clouds and I just loved that lonesome birch tree.

LaPhoto the tree is growing on the edge of a cliff all by itself.

2Stupid2Duck, thats a very encouraging compliment, maybe your starting to come over to the grey side ;) .

Thanks again.

very very nice. is that film or digital? did you use any effects or anything? i have a feeling it was brighter when you actually took it. whatever you did, it worked tremendously well.

I like this shot alot also, but to me the tree seems out of place because it almost looks like its coming out of the water. however you cant include any of the ground in that shot, it'd ruin it. It was definately a good idea to put something in the foreground because it always helps a shot, but in my honest opinion I think something that goes with water would have been a better foreground object.

great shot though!

Most reactions

Back