Rc B&W paper lift

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay everybody is talking about polaroid but did you know that you can shoot a piece of paper in your sheet film camera. Develop it in a daylight tank, then strip the emulsion layer. I had to scrape the rear a little with a dull butter knife, but then I scanned it on my flatbed with my homemade back light and it worked very well as a matter of fact. I only did it a couple of times because it was easier to develop it and scan the print. but you could most likely do that with a color print from the drugstore too.

I will have to try that. It would be interesting to see what you could do with it. Unless of course your drugstore has gone ink jet. Mine hasn't yet.

What kind of RC paper was it? How well did the emulsion hold together? I think someone here said they had tried it before.

I'd like to see the results from that experiment!

mysteryscribe said:
What i shot before was arista. He was talking about ink jet paper. You cant lift it.
take a look at the bottom of the lakeview for a drugstore lift.
No, I wasn't referring to our newbie here. ;) He was confused.

We had a member a few months back who actually had lifted some emulsion from an RC paper....can't remember what kind, but he'd toned it ahead of time and it was very sepia-colored. Not super good-looking, but he showed it could be done. :)

Most reactions

Back