Re-covering my camera

Kamelean ... did you ever get your Yashica re-covered ?

Still haven't. I have a roll of film in it, and as soon as the roll is finished, I'm going to do it myself, as I still haven't got a reply from that thief.

Sent from my iPhone in beautiful Kentucky.

I figured as much.

Get some good painters tape to make masks.

I found some interesting leather from a UK eBay seller: milly120786 | eBay
I think I might pick up some burgundy for the Minolta Autocord.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For anyone else that wants to try Cameraleather ... and is not sure if they will get their order ...

I just ordered two types for Minolta Autocord ... cheap VH Black and Griptac Black ... on Jan 13 2013.
Received it on Feb 6, in an envelope shipped AirMail.

I had emailed Morgan on Feb 4 to check up and he did reply, stating it was shipped Jan 30.

I think I have dxqcanada to thank on this one. I'm sure he must have mentioned my situation. Thanks, buddy!

Morgan just emailed me a tracking number for my leather that I ordered Feb 2 of last year. He writes on the shipping notification:

Note To Recipient: James this is an order from 2/2012 sent to another J. Hughes in error. I am sorry for the long wait!

I made a mistake on the last order ... for some reason I requested the wrong holes to be cut on one of the two (must of had a bit too much beer at the time), which I realized as I was putting the new leatherette on.

Anyway ... since I was emailing Morgan back on my mistake (which he kindly is going to send me the corrected pieces) I mentioned your issue.

Great to hear that you are finally going to get your Yashica recovered.

Last edited:
I think I have dxqcanada to thank on this one. I'm sure he must have mentioned my situation. Thanks, buddy!

Morgan just emailed me a tracking number for my leather that I ordered Feb 2 of last year. He writes on the shipping notification:

Note To Recipient: James this is an order from 2/2012 sent to another J. Hughes in error. I am sorry for the long wait!

That's great news! Looking forward to seeing the re-covered camera once you get it done.

I got it today. It won't even get the chance to be opened until Sunday, though, because of work.

Just installed it. Better pics when I get home.

6erenuhu.jpg

2uze9y5u.jpg

qevype5u.jpg

Most reactions

Back