re: D80 remote trigger

kami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was thinking of getting the ML-L3 wireless trigger for my D80 but it dawned on me, do remote triggers also auto-focus as if pressing the camera shutter-release button halfway as well? Or does it simply activate the shutter release?

Also wondering if it works with the built in timer so instead of having to run for family portraits, I can just trigger it, then hide it before the shot is taken.

I was thinking of getting the ML-L3 wireless trigger for my D80 but it dawned on me, do remote triggers also auto-focus as if pressing the camera shutter-release button halfway as well? Or does it simply activate the shutter release?

Also wondering if it works with the built in timer so instead of having to run for family portraits, I can just trigger it, then hide it before the shot is taken.

It should do those things most that I have ran across do.

Yes, it will autofocus before taking shot.

Yes, you can set it to wait 2 seconds before shooting.

Custom Settings Menu #29 - You can set the self timer up to 20 seconds.

The little button beside top display panel (2nd from bottom.... bearded file icon)... select twice (clockface with remote icon) to fire on delayed timer or select again (remote icon) to fire immediately.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back