Re-edit.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My favorite image of this one-hand speed demon. Very inspiring to watch and photograph him riding. Learning some different editing techniques and thought this one came out really good.

50836984101_74b8c99ede_b.jpg

Great action shot. That'd take some doing with one hand.

How does he work the front brake??!!

@ronlane this was a great shot before you tweaked it, yet even more so after.

Very good detailed action shot......

Thank you.

Great action shot. That'd take some doing with one hand.

Thank you. Yes it would and yet he was cruising very nicely.

How does he work the front brake??!!

Unless he changed the clutch to a front brake, I don't know. but notice there is no lever on that side.

@ronlane this was a great shot before you tweaked it, yet even more so after.

Thank you.

Don't get me wrong, I like your work, you did well but I like the smooth appearance better than the stark, crisp, fine detail appearance because whenever I look at a bike flying past I never see that kind of detail so it just comes across as a little odd to me for that reason alone.

Years ago, Mick Doohan (500cc Grand Prix Champ) broke his leg very badly. He got back to racing before it was fully healed -as many a racer has done- and he couldn't operate the rear brake due to his leg. What he and the team came up with was a thumb-operated rear brake that was on the right clip-on along with the traditional hand-operated front brake. That has become quite popular since even for people with no issues using their foot.

I wonder if the rider in the shot has done something like that except for the front and has it mounted on the left clip-on and operates the rear brake in the traditional fashion with his foot?

Or perhaps he's rigged the clutch to be thumb operated and moved the front brake to the left clip-on? Now that I'm thinking about it, that makes more sense since you need to put a lot of squeeze on the front to slow down. You only really need the clutch to get rolling or stop. Shifting without the clutch is quite easy and is the preferred technique when riding fast.

Don't get me wrong, I like your work, you did well but I like the smooth appearance better than the stark, crisp, fine detail appearance because whenever I look at a bike flying past I never see that kind of detail so it just comes across as a little odd to me for that reason alone.

K9Kirk, I understand what you are saying. I did some panning as well with the bikes. I do both there and for the exact reason you bring up. Sure you will see them whizzing by you at break neck speeds and for most they won't see all of the details with the naked eye. That is part of our job as creative photographers is to stop that action and give the general person a look at something they may not normally see.

There is a place for both.

Years ago, Mick Doohan (500cc Grand Prix Champ) broke his leg very badly. He got back to racing before it was fully healed -as many a racer has done- and he couldn't operate the rear brake due to his leg. What he and the team came up with was a thumb-operated rear brake that was on the right clip-on along with the traditional hand-operated front brake. That has become quite popular since even for people with no issues using their foot.

I wonder if the rider in the shot has done something like that except for the front and has it mounted on the left clip-on and operates the rear brake in the traditional fashion with his foot?

Or perhaps he's rigged the clutch to be thumb operated and moved the front brake to the left clip-on? Now that I'm thinking about it, that makes more sense since you need to put a lot of squeeze on the front to slow down. You only really need the clutch to get rolling or stop. Shifting without the clutch is quite easy and is the preferred technique when riding fast.

I wanted to go find him and talk with him but I didn't have time during the day after I noticed that he was without. I am hoping to get back to the track again soon and get some time to speak with him.

Most reactions

Back