Re-Hello! Long time no see, TPF!

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all!
Some of you may remember me from, oh, I don't know, 8 years ago?
In all this time, I graduated from high school, prep school, and university, and got a full time job. And I never stopped shooting.
But I changed my ways. With many of you here encouraging me to try film, and set up my own darkroom, I eventually did. It was hard because I never took classes and everything I learned was from here or elsewhere on the internet, or by painstaking trial and error.
But I'm proud to say, I've become quite good now. I still mix my chemicals with kitchen measuring spoons and use a frying pan full of hot water to keep my paper developer at 20C when it's near freezing point in my darkroom. I still shoot with a 27-year old Zenit. But what can I say, it works.

Anyway, I'll see you guys in the film and darkroom sections, mostly.

Good to be back :)

Alex.

Welcome to the site.

Wow, hello and welcome back to the site. I look forward too seeing you around. :)

Welcome back after your long absence. One of my earliest cameras was a Cosmorex SE 35mm SLR...an importer's (NYC's Cambridge Camera) re-brand of the venerable Russian-made Zenit B!

Welcome back after your long absence. One of my earliest cameras was a Cosmorex SE 35mm SLR...an importer's (NYC's Cambridge Camera) re-brand of the venerable Russian-made Zenit B!

Aren't they the best? built like a tank and all function, no fluff :D

This place has changed a ton over the years... looking forward to discovering all the new stuff!

And I'm glad to see the Fight Club tradition is still going. I was part of one of the first ones ever, back in the day. Gosh I feel old now

Welcome aboard Alex ;)...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back