re-install

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Reinstalling my computer now (XP-SP2)... keeping my finger crossed that it all works out.

Damn, where are all those installation CDs for all those hardware components?

I hate this sort of work ...

Don't we all Alex. And I used to/sort of still do this as a sideline. Now mostly for myself. When it became a real job, that is work, I learned to hate it real quick.

Gotta do that with win2kprosp2. Only sp4 recognises large drives so half of this one sits around doing nothing. I'm too lazy to add it as a slave.

Always put your working drivers on a thumb stick. So how'd it go?

-Shea

still working on it ...

major hardware works again, but now i am trying to update, and for some reason all network is terribly slow :(

might take some more hours ...

I never use the drivers that come with anything. They're usually years out of date.

I get enough drivers to use the ethernet port working...then I download the rest online.

Make sure you update your ethernet drivers, or it will be super slow. Video drivers are also very important, cause otherwise everything crawls and isn't smooth.

If you do this often...look into n-lite. You can wrap it with sp2 and any updates and drivers you need...all on one disc. I haven't done it yet...but I plan on doing it eventually.

ethernet, mainboard and video are up and running. but now this updating kills me ...

ok, three other devices in my local network have problems and are dead slow connecting with the www and the net (actually even TPF is a pain right now).

so it is not the reinstall, but the outer connection, maybe some severs are down or whatever. why tonight?

So Alex wants twelve thousand posts
A number much higher than mosts
He spams through the night
From dusk to first light
In a bid to surpass me, he boasts

:greenpbl: :greenpbl: :greenpbl: :greenpbl: :greenpbl:

So Alex wants twelve thousand posts
A number much higher than mosts
He spams through the night
From dusk to first light
In a bid to surpass me, he boasts

:greenpbl: :greenpbl: :greenpbl: :greenpbl: :greenpbl:

lol, good that i can use my laptop during this install, else i could not do anything!

this sounds as if you were afraid ... :mrgreen:

I am close behind you ...

i am impressed though, that i am worth such an elaborate poem.

Just giving you another opportunity to make two or three posts in a row, to keep your daily average up. :greenpbl:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back