Re-post: Reversed lens macros of a DANDELION

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As per "popular request" (cough-cough), I once more resized and uploaded these photos of a dandelion which I tried to capture with the lens reversed so I'd get some macro photos, and I had THOUGHT I noted the focal lengths somewhere (my kit lens goes from 18-55mm, so at 18mm reversed, magnification is biggest, but also DOF is smallest (razor thin!)), but I haven't :(. So sorry.

Lwenzahn-Macro_01.jpg

Lwenzahn-Macro_04.jpg

Lwenzahn-Macro_06.jpg

Lwenzahn-Macro_10.jpg

Lwenzahn-Macro_11.jpg

Lwenzahn-Macro_12.jpg

Lwenzahn-Macro_13.jpg

Lwenzahn-Macro_14.jpg

You might find this interesting?

Real cool.
I love 1 and 6 the most.
1 for the "elderly" dandelion, and 6 look like fireworks.
Dani.

I really like these and Im not a flower guy. What do you mean lense reverse if you dont mind me asking

WOW!- Outstanding...

WOW.
I can honestly see me using this whole series on a wall. Hmm I think they'd look nice in my dining room... :D

Tangerini, we can start negotiating a price then :greenpbl:

And Ripnowell, I took off the lens, turned it around so that the part that usually sticks out is pushed against the hole in my camera body and the part with the thread sticks out. That gives quite a bit of magnification to all those who have a camera with interchangeable lenses (SLR or DSLR), but who don't have any macro lenses or macro whatevers. I held it to the camera tight and then had to focus with my body. Which means: swing (in minute bits) to and fro until I could see that what I wanted to have in focus was in focus, then I had to hold my breath, preferably keep my heart from beating, for focus is so razor thin then that even a heartbeat at the wrong moment can push the photo out of focus, and ... pushed the button.

I did the same with this_fly - and for those I even wrote down the focal lenghts.

And Ripnowell, I took off the lens, turned it around so that the part that usually sticks out is pushed against the hole in my camera body and the part with the thread sticks out. That gives quite a bit of magnification to all those who have a camera with interchangeable lenses (SLR or DSLR), but who don't have any macro lenses or macro whatevers. I held it to the camera tight and then had to focus with my body. Which means: swing (in minute bits) to and fro until I could see that what I wanted to have in focus was in focus, then I had to hold my breath, preferably keep my heart from beating, for focus is so razor thin then that even a heartbeat at the wrong moment can push the photo out of focus, and ... pushed the button.

I did the same with this_fly - and for those I even wrote down the focal lenghts.

Thank you I am going to have to try that tonight.

You need A LOT OF LIGHT!

Tangerini, we can start negotiating a price then :greenpbl:

Good gravy!! With all that I'm even more impressed!!:hail:

Thanks for sharing all the info and wonderfull shots corrina.I always thought you had to have a reverse ring to pull that shot off.Nice work.Some of them are soooo close that it looks like a alien planet or something.:mrgreen:

too many to comment on all of them :) ... hmm, never tried that reverse thing. they look good, maybe i should not have gotten that close up lens for my tele? ;)

1, 2 and 8 are my favourites!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back